Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back to School Read Alouds

Good morning world! Today I'm linking up again with The Teacher's Chair for another "Show us your...." linky party. First let me say, though, that I really enjoy reading her blog. If you haven't already, take a minute to check it out. She's got some really great ideas.

Here is today's theme.
A lot of upper elementary teachers don't read books aloud to their kids anymore {sad face!} Last year I taught 4th grade and got them hooked on read-alouds! They initially thought they were "too big/cool/old" to listen to picture books, but they grew to love them. Read-alouds, when used properly, serve an important purpose for any grade. There are a lot of rules and procedures that students learn during the first week of school, and picture books are a great way to reinforce these principles. Here are my go-to stories.
Can't wait to read these in a few weeks!!!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. The Miss Nelson books are hilarious! My grade 4's loved them last year.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the Miss Nelson books. I read this book on the second day of school.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for all the details!
    Karen
    The 85 Mile Commute

    ReplyDelete