Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An Award and a FREEBIE

I'm suuuper excited to announce that my blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award! This is an award that goes to new-bloggers with less than 200 followers. Obviously I want to have way more than that eventually but, hey, this is a start! Thank you times a bajillion Gemini Teacher!
When you get nominated there are a few things you have to do:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.

Sounds simple enough.

Here are the questions posed for me by The Gemini Teacher!
1. Favorite subject or topic to teach? My favorite subject is BY FAR math {if any family members ever read this they will scratch their heads and/or laugh hysterically}. Ironically enough, math was never my best subject in school, but I really enjoy teaching it! 
2. What are two things in which you would say you are skilled? I'm skilled at crafting things and cooking/baking. I'm not professional by any means, but I'm not afraid to try new things in the kitchen.
3. What is a weird habit you have? I wouldn't say it's weird, but my husband gets really annoyed by it...I HAVE to have the bed made before getting into it each night. Rarely do I make it in the morning, so each night, as a weird ritual, my husband stands beside the bed while I make it crisp and neat :) Ok, yea after reading what I just wrote, that's pretty weird.
4. What is the most adventurous thing you have done? I went ziplining in Jamaica last summer!! It was really high up in the jungle and I don't think our tour guides were "all there," haha.
5. Who is your longest friend and why? I met my best friend Allye when we were in 9th grade. She moved into the house right behind me, so we were always a quick hop away from each other! Allye has the same sense or humor/personality as I do and she has always been loyal. She's a trooper :)
6. Do you have any "catch phrases" that you always say? In my classroom I always say, "Easy Peasy.." and my students reply with, "Lemon Squeezy!" 
7. What do you consider a challenge as a blogger? Learning & understanding all this HTML coding!! Yikes! And figuring out ways to network can be difficult.
8. What are 3 adjectives you'd use to describe yourself? Outgoing, reliable, and stubborn ;)
9. Best piece of advice given and/or received? Growing up my dad always told me, "Your word is your bond." I have to remind myself of this before getting involved with extra curriculars. I hate telling someone I'm going to do something & not following through.
10. What do you remember from your very first day as a teacher? On my first day one of my students {sweeeet girl!} gave me the nickname "Mrs. Pooh Bear." It was actually really sweet, haha.
11. Do you have a bucket list? One thing on it? It's more of a mental list...I guess I should write them down. Something I really want to do is travel the world and learn about my heritage.

11 Facts About Myself
1. I'm 24
2. I married my 1st grade sweetheart <3
3. I have a Puggle named Laura
4. I'm from a coastal town in Georgia
5. I just finished my first year as a teacher...and SURVIVED!
6. I love traveling
7. My favorite snack is a popsicle
8. I love Hersheys with almonds
9. I've never been to a funeral
10. I'm the middle kid. I have two brothers, 19 and 26
11. I never planned on being a teacher! Initially I was a Pre-Med major {that clearly didn't work out, haha}. Even though it wasn't planned, it was without a doubt meant to be!

My Nominees

Questions for My Nominees
1. How many years have you been teaching?
2. Have you taught more than 1 grade? If so, what's your favorite?
3. Why did you start a blog?
4. Where do you get most of your classroom inspiration from?
5. What are two qualities that you think every teacher NEEDS to have?
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
7. If you could visit one place for an entire year, where would you go and why?
8. Name somebody who provides you with encouragement.
9. Describe your teaching style in 5 words or less.
10. What are you most excited about for this upcoming school year?
11. Do you have a favorite joke? If so, share!

If you are reading this, that means you stuck around and made it to the end of another long post! Yay! And since you built up your reading endurance, I'm going to reward you with a FREEBIE! I've had several people ask me about my drawer labels from yesterday's Monday Made It post. 
If you "like" my Facebook page by 5:00 pm tomorrow, I will send you a FREE copy!


post signature

1 comment: